Drop Off Bike Repair
Is perfect for you if:
- You are “too busy” to stay for more than twenty minutes to get your bike done.
We take the term “busy” really seriously:
Read further, if you would like to hear about a method that will save you the most time:
- Tune-ups are often closer to the 45 minute mark; on average.
- Plenty of times, an hour to an hour and a half is needed when there are multiple small repairs and parts to be replaced.
- Point: a bike, with parts on hand, can often be fixed quicker “on-the-spot” than “behind the wall”. Our business is catered to Watch/Help/Learn. We allow “drop off bike repairs”. We make sure that our “basic tune-up rate” is pretty close to the highest in town: $95. Every bike dropped off for the “one-week turnaround” gets automatically applied the $95 rate. Many times, it can be “fairly reasonable” beyond that.
- The “main idea”: if getting your bike fixed “on a budget” is a major goal for you, setting an appointment for a Watch/Help/Learn is the “cheapest way to go”.
- Many “single issue items” of bike repair take 5mins to 20mins. Assuming, you are “not the type” that waits till their “bike is a wreck”, tune-ups can be “slammin’ easy.”
- and not much more than you would pay for with a large latte and a bagel sandwich at your fanciest Boulder coffee shops.
The last attempt to steer you to Watch/Help/Learn being exhausted, here are your drop-off bike repair options:
42 Point Tune-Up: $95
- Designed for the bike that is in decent shape.
- Your bike will be adjusted & tuned. It is not a deep cleaning and parts replacement.
- We focus on the bearings, brakes, gears, tire pressure and wheel truing.
- The 42 Point Drop-off Tune-up is for the customer who does not have time to repair their bike viaWatch/Help/Learn.
- We go over the 42 Points of adjustment.
- We clean your bike. We fix your bike. You will like your bike better.
- Motto: “We clean your bike. We fix your bike. You will like your bike better.”
- If your bike is left outside for months at a time, it could use this.
- The Overhaul takes your bike apart and puts it back together.
- Parts install is included.
- Tune-up comes with fresh cables, housing, and ferrules.
- The dirtiest bike parts are removed, hand cleaned and placed in an ultrasonic bath.
- Bearings and headset are checked and cleaned.
- Wheels are made true.
- Everything that is not working is fixed.
- Every bike part is greased and lubricated.
- Tires pumped to pressure.
- When a bike needs an Overhaul, it often needs new parts too.
- Bottom bracket axle is opened, examined, and cleaned.
- Hydraulic brake bleeding and suspension services are not included.
- When you drop your bike off, Ryan will ask you a series of questions about your bike use.
- Turnaround time is one week from the time and day that you drop your bike off for the Overhaul.
Video: Who we Are and Why we Do it
While we are here discussing the virtues of Watch/Help/Learn vs. Drop-off Bike Repair, have a look at the video below. If you want to learn, get your bike back right away and stay and watch, choose Watch/Help/Learn, it is the cheaper, more fruitful way to go.