At Standard Bike Repair, you have 3 choices for how to work with us:
- Drop Off Bike Repair
- Services for your specific needs
Which way would you like to work with us?
Drop-Off Bike Repair
- 42 Point Tune-up: $95
- Overhaul: $125
- $60 per hour
42 Point Tune-Up: $95
- Designed for the bike that is in decent shape.
- Your bike will be adjusted & tuned. It is not a deep cleaning and parts replacement.
- We focus on the bearings, brakes, gears, tire pressure and wheel truing.
- The 42 Point Drop-off Tune-up is for the customer who does not have time to repair their bike viaWatch/Help/Learn.
- We go over the 42 Points of adjustment.
- We clean your bike. We fix your bike. You will like your bike better.
- Motto: “We clean your bike. We fix your bike. You will like your bike better.”
- If your bike is left outside for months at a time, it could use this.
- The Overhaul takes your bike apart and puts it back together.
- Parts install is included.
- Tune-up comes with fresh cables, housing, and ferrules.
- The dirtiest bike parts are removed, hand cleaned and placed in an ultrasonic bath.
- Bearings and headset are checked and cleaned.
- Wheels are made true.
- Everything that is not working is fixed.
- Every bike part is greased and lubricated.
- Tires pumped to pressure.
- When a bike needs an Overhaul, it often needs new parts too.
- Bottom bracket axle is opened, examined, and cleaned.
- Hydraulic brake bleeding and suspension services are not included.
- When you drop your bike off, Ryan will ask you a series of questions about your bike use.
- Turnaround time is one week from the time and day that you drop your bike off for the Overhaul.
- The conversation with Ryan will give him an idea of what your bike needs. He will provide you with an estimate.
Watch/Help/Learn: $60 per hour
- For the client that wants to see their bike get fixed.
- 1:0n:1 with Ryan, the mechanic and shop owner.
- The frugal way to get your bike fixed.
- Most bikes can be fixed in an hour or less.
- You will get to make choices during the tune-up.
- Ryan will teach you how to notice problems on your bike.
- Fits the schedule for busy people.
- Repairs your bike on-the-spot: instant turnaround time.
- Saves time: no second appointment for the pick-up.
- W/H/L is an efficient way for us to do business.
- We enjoy working with people to fix their bike.
- Time-wise, Watch/Help/Learn is a more efficient way for Standard Bike Repair to do business. We pass the savings to you.
- Watch/Help/Learn does not stress the capacity of the business like a dozen Drop-off Bikes in the queue.
- Working with you 1:on:1 can be like a surgeon calling for tools.
- You may participate via apron, glove and tools.
- You can be semi-involved or watch your bike gets fixed.
- You can use our wi-fi if you need to work while you wait. As long as you are present, your bike will be fixed on-the-spot.
- Standard Bike Repair can fix a greater volume of bikes with the Watch/Help/Learn method.
- Turnaround times for Drop-off Bike Repairs are usually a week. W/H/L eliminates waiting time.
- Watch/Help/Learn costs less than Drop-off Bike Repair most of the time.
- When you learn how to spot problems in your first Watch/Help/Learn lesson, you will use the information to know when it is time to bring your bike back to the shop.
- Ryan will teach your how to evaluate your bike.
- If he does his job, you will remember things and be able to fix your own bike in the future.
- Unless, you embark on a serious journey to learn about cycling science, there will still be a lot to learn beyond the W/H/L.
- Ryan will break it down into what you need to know.
- Everyone will learn something.
- Brakes are the easiest subject to teach. Gears are the hardest. We teach something for every skill level.
To Set a Time for your Bike, call or email Ryan
- (720) 837 – 8984